May 4th & 5th Updates
Good Morning! We are finishing up our unit on Political Participation. Today we will be focusing on the following topics:
Today’s topic will be focusing on the following:
AP US Government class– How to Prepare for the FRQ Questions
US Government classes -We will be looking at the Legislative Branch
Roles of Each House
Make Up of Each House, Leadership and Terms
Passing a Bill and Filibuster
Becoming A Law or Veto
Resources: Handouts, Videos
- What is the role of the legislative body?
- Should there be term limits on for Senators and Representatives of each state?
- What is Bicameral?
- What is divided government?
- What role does the legislative branch play in creating public policy (laws)?
- How are committees setup and what role do they play?
To access the online material click on the following links:
AP Government – Preparing for the AP Exam FRQ’s